1. He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3. Surely he shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler [hidden dangers], and from the noisome [deadly] pestilence.
4. He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings shall you trust: His truth shall be your [protective] shield and buckler [armor].
5. You shall not be afraid for the terror [any danger] by night; nor for the arrow [enemies attacks] that flies by day;
6. Nor for the pestilence that walks in darkness; nor for the destruction [plague] that wasteth [that destroys] at noonday.
7. A thousand shall fall [may die] at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you. [The pestilence shall not harm you.]
8. Only with your eyes shall you behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9. Because you have made the Lord, which is your refuge, even the most High, your habitation [dwelling place];
10. There shall no evil befall you, neither shall any plague come near your dwelling.
11. For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.
12. They shall bear you up in their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13. You shall tread upon the lion and adder [cobra]: the young lion and the dragon [serpent] shall you trample under feet.
14. Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him.
16. With long life will I satisfy him, and show him My salvation.